christmas cake recipe | fruit cake recipe | plum cake recipe
easy christmas cake recipe | fruit cake recipe | plum cake recipe
Prep Time 2 hours
Cook Time 1 hour
Total Time 3 hours
Servings 1 loaf
for soaking dryfruits:
- ¼ cup raisins / dry grapes / kishmish finely chopped
- ¼ cup cranberries finely chopped
- 0.25 cup figs / anjeer finely chopped
- ¼ cup cherries finely chopped
- ¼ cup apricot / khubani finely chopped
- 0.25 cup pitted dry dates / khajur seedless, finely chopped
- 1 cup grape juice / apple juice or you can also use red wine / brandy / rum or any alcohol
for fruit cake batter:
- 1.25 cups water warm
- 1 cup brown sugar powdered (you can also use normal white sugar. however, brown sugar gives brown colour to cake)
- 2/3 rd cup vegetable oil / any unflavoured oil
- 2 cups plain flour / maida / all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder / dalchini powder
- pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp nutmeg powder / jayfhal powder
- ½ tsp cardamom powder / elachi powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract / vanilla essence
- ½ tsp orange / lemon zest peel
- ¼ tsp almonds / badam finely chopped
- 0.25 tsp walnut / akharut
firstly, soak dry fruits in grape juice / alcohol for 2 hours.
furthermore, take warm water, powdered sugar and oil. blend.
further sieve plain flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder, cardamom powder and salt.
also add orange zest and vanilla extract.
blend till the batter is combined and squeezed dry fruits, almonds and walnuts. gently mix.
further, transfer the cake batter into the cake mould.
bake at 180 degree celsius for 40 minutes.
finally, serve the christmas fruit cake.