jeera aloo recipe | aloo jeera recipe | aloo jeera fry
easy jeera aloo recipe | aloo jeera recipe | aloo jeera fry
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 3 Servings
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds / jeera
- 1 inch ginger finely chopped
- 2 green chilli finely chopped
- ½ tsp turmeric / haldi
- 1 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder / lal mirch powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ¾ tsp aamchur / dry mango powder
- pinch of hing / asafoetida
- salt to taste
- 2 boiled potatoes peeled & cubed
- 1-2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
firstly, heat 2 tsp oil and saute 1 tbsp cumin seeds till it turns aromatic.
add in 1 inch ginger and 2 green chilli. saute for a minute.
further keeping the flame low, add ½ tsp turmeric, 1 tsp chilli powder, ½ tsp coriander powder, ¾ tsp aamchur, pinch of hing and salt to taste.
saute on low flame without burning the spices.
additionally add 2 boiled and cubed potatoes. (i have pressure cooked potatoes for 2 whistles)
mix gently without breaking potatoes.
add 2 tbsp of water, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
after 5 minutes, potatoes have absorbed all spices.
finally, add coriander leaves and serve jeera aloo with rice or chapati.