paneer pulao recipe | how to make paneer peas pulav recipe
easy paneer pulao recipe | how to make paneer peas pulav recipe
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 2 Servings
to cook rice:
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 4 cups water
- 1 bay leaf / tej patta
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp oil
for paneer pulao:
- 1 tbsp ghee / clarified butter
- 8 cubes paneer / cottage cheese
- 1 tsp cumin / jeera
- 1 inch cinnamon stick / dalchini
- 5 cloves / lavang
- 10 black pepper / kali mirch
- 1 medium sized onion thinly sliced
- 1 inch ginger finely chopped
- 1-2 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 green chilli slit
- 1 medium sized tomato finely chopped
- ¼ cup peas / matar
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- ¾ tsp kashmiri red chili powder / lal mirch powder
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- salt to taste
- ¼ cup paneer / cottage cheese crumbled
- 2 tbsp coriander leaf finely chopped
firstly, in a large pan heat ghee and saute paneer till they turn golden brown. keep aside.
in the same, pan add cumin, cinnamon stick, cloves and black pepper.
saute them on low flame till they tun aromatic.
further add thinly sliced onions, ginger, garlic and green chilli.
now add tomato and saute till they turn soft and mushy.
add carrot and peas. saute well.
furthermore, add red chili powder, garam masala powder and salt. saute.
now add crumbled paneer and mix well.
also add cooked rice and mix gently.
place the fried paneer on the prepared pulao cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
also garnish with fried paneer pieces, coriander and crumbled paneer.
finally, serve paneer pulao with onion tomato raita.