methi malai paneer recipe | methi paneer recipe | paneer methi malai recipe
easy methi malai paneer recipe | methi paneer recipe | paneer methi malai recipe
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 4 Servings
to soak methi leaves:
- 1 bunch methi leaves / fenugreek leaves washed and finely chopped
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 cup water
for methi malai paneer:
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds / jeera
- 1 bay leaf / indian tej patta
- 4 cloves / lavang
- 2 pods cardamom / elachi
- 1 inch cinnamon stick / dalchini
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- ½ tsp kashmiri red chili powder / lal mirch powder
- 1 green chili slit length wise
- 1 tsp coriander powder / dhaniya powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric / haldi
- 1 cup tomato pulp / puree of 2 large tomatoes
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¾ cup milk
- salt to taste
- ¼ cup malai / fresh cream
- ¼ cup water add as required
- 11 cubes paneer / cottage cheese
- ¼ tsp garam masala powder
firstly heat oil and add cumin seed, bay leaf, cloves, cardamom and cinnamon stick. saute.
additionally, add ginger garlic paste, green chili and onions. saute.
now add spice powder like chili powder, turmeric and coriander powder. saute.
also add tomato pulp and saute till it thickens.
also saute till the masala start to release oil.
now add sauted methi leaves.
additionally add sugar and salt.
saute for a minute.
now add milk, cream and water.
also add paneer cubes and give a gentle mix.
additionally add garam masala.
cover and simmer for 2 minutes.
finally, serve methi malai paneer with chapathi or paratha.