Besan Halwa Recipe | Besan Ka Halwa Recipe | Besan Ka Sheera with detailed photo and video recipe. A classic Indian dessert recipe made with chickpea flour, ghee and sugar. it is perhaps one of the most sought Indian sweet recipes made especially during festival seasons or for any particular occasion. It is easy and simple to make as compared to any other besan sweet like laddu and can be made in minutes.
Besan Halwa Recipe | Besan Ka Halwa Recipe | Besan Ka Sheera with step-by-step photo and video recipe. Halwa recipes are very common across India and are made with different ingredients. Basically, it is a dense sweet which can be either shaped as cubes or perhaps as dense powder. One such popular halwa recipe is the besan ka halwa recipe with the goodness of besan, ghee and also myriad dry fruit options.
Dessert or sweets recipes are very common when it comes to festival seasons or any celebrations feast. Each region has its own variation of the halwa recipe made with different ingredients. One such north Indian delicacy is the besan ka halwa recipe similar to wheat or semolina halwa in its texture and consistency. As a matter of fact, if it is presented as just halwa, it would be really difficult to identify if it is made with semolina or chickpea flour. But certainly, you can easily identify after the first bite. you should be having the same taste of besan laddu or perhaps ghee mysore pak. It just melts in your mouth with the richness of ghee and sugar in it. Having said that I have also added a small quantity of semolina to this recipe which brings it to a perfect consistency and texture.
Furthermore, some easy and important tips, suggestions and variations to this besan halwa recipe. Firstly, use fresh and fine chickpea flour for this halwa recipe and do not compromise on it. Otherwise, you may not get that crumbly and smooth texture for halwa. secondly, it may be time-consuming and also very overwhelming to continuously stir. But unfortunately, there isn’t any shortcut for it and you have to follow it till it becomes smooth and silky. Lastly, I would heavily recommend using full cream milk for a rich and creamy texture for the halwa recipe.
Finally, I request you to check my other Indian Sweet Recipes Collection with this post of besan halwa recipe. It includes recipes like sooji ka halwa, bombay karachi halwa, ice halwa, wheat halwa, carrot halwa, apple halwa, ash gourd halwa, bread halwa and aate ka halwa recipe. In addition, I would like to highlight my other related recipes collection,
Besan Ka Halwa Video:
Recipe Card for Besan Ka halwa:
Besan Halwa Recipe | Besan Ka Sheera
- ½ cup ghee / clarified butter
- 1½ cup besan / gram flour
- 2 tbsp rava / semolina / suji (fine)
- 2 cup milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp saffron milk
- 2 tbsp cashew / kaju (chopped)
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- firstly, in a large kadai take ½ cup ghee.
- once the ghee heats up, add in 1½ cup besan.
- also, add 2 tbsp rava. if you are using coarse besan then you can skip the addition of rava.
- roast on low flame stirring continuously.
- roast for almost 25-30 minutes or until the besan turns golden brown.
- now add 2 cup milk and stir well.
- keep stirring continuously, until the besan absorbs all the milk without forming lumps.
- cook until the mixture separates the pan.
- further, add ½ cup sugar and 2 tbsp saffron milk.
- mix well until the sugar dissolves completely and separates the pan.
- further, add in 2 tbsp cashew and ¼ tsp cardamom powder. mix well.
- finally, enjoy besan ka halwa recipe garnished with more cashew.
How to make Besan Halwa with step-by-step photos:
- Firstly, in a large Kadai take ½ cup of ghee.
- Once the ghee heats up, add 1½ cups besan.
- Also, add 2 tbsp rava. If you are using coarse besan then you can skip the addition of rava.
- Roast on low flame stirring continuously.
- Roast for almost 25-30 minutes or until the besan turns golden brown.
- Now add 2 cup milk and stir well.
- Keep stirring continuously, until the besan absorbs all the milk without forming lumps.
- Cook until the mixture separates the pan.
- Further, add ½ cup sugar and 2 tbsp saffron milk. To prepare saffron milk, soak a few threads of saffron in 2 tbsp of warm milk.
- Mix well until the sugar dissolves completely and separates the pan.
- Further, add in 2 tbsp cashew and ¼ tsp cardamom powder. Mix well.
- Finally, enjoy the besan ka halwa recipe garnished with more cashew.
- Firstly, roast the besan on low flame, or else the halwa will taste raw.
- Also, you can use water in place of milk if you are looking to store it for a longer time.
- Additionally, add dry fruits of your choice to make them more attractive.
- Finally, the besan halwa recipe or besan ka halwa recipe tastes great when prepared with ghee and milk.