top 6 turmeric benefits | diy home remedies with turmeric powder with photos. turmeric is considered as one of the best plant with several health benefits. it is not only famous for its medicinal purposes but also used for cooking, skin and beauty care. turmeric and turmeric powder plays a very important role in hindu tradition. in south indian marriage ritual, a dried turmeric piece is tied with thread as mangalasutra. i have mentioned 6 major tips in this article. however there are myriad uses and significance of turmeric.
top 6 turmeric benefits | diy home remedies with turmeric powder with step by step photos. the most medicinal valued spice is turmeric, whose scientific name is ‘curcuma longa‘. turmeric is called ‘arasina’ in kannada, ‘haldi’ in hindi, ‘halada’ in marathi, ‘manjal’ in tamil, ‘pasupu’ in ‘telugu’, ‘mannal’ in malayalam and ‘haladara’ in gujarati.
turmeric contains bioactive compounds with powerful medicinal properties. in addition, there are few myths about turmeric along with its benefits. one of the most common myth is that turmeric powder does not have any side effects. however the fact is that, turmeric cause stomach upset, nausea and diarrhea. the other myth of turmeric is that, it can be consumed by people having gall bladder problems. but it may worse the situation. the final myth is that turmeric used in raw form, is more fresh than dried and powdered form. but the fact is, all have the same effects.
furthermore, turmeric is also known as golden spice of india. beauty products use turmeric powder. as it helps in treatment of acne, get rid of facial hair, thus reduces wrinkles and sign of aging. it is also used in soothing burnt area, removing cysts, cleaning wounds and treatment of skin allergy. in ayurveda, turmeric is used as a treatment to indigestion, cold and throat infections. finally, due to its anti-inflammatory benefits, turmeric prevents cancer, diabetes, cholesterol, heart diseases and thus helps in maintaining healthy body.
finally, i would like to conclude with one of the basic use of turmeric. turmeric is most common ingredient in every indian kitchen. the main significance of turmeric is, used as spice which adds special fragrance and flavour, there by giving a good colour to curries and gravies.
top recipes using turmeric :
- poha recipe | aloo poha recipe
- khandvi recipe | gujarati khandvi in pressure cooker
- khaman dhokla recipe | instant dhokla recipe
- lemon rice recipe | chitranna recipe
tips of turmeric & turmeric benefits :
- firstly, by brushing the teeth in the paste prepared from 4 tbsp turmeric, 2 tbsp baking soda and little coconut oil helps to whiten teeth.
- also, consuming ½ tsp of turmeric thrice a day prevents diabetes.
- consuming ½ tsp of turmeric with ½ cup of curd cures diarrhea.
- in addition, consuming 1 glass of boiled milk along with 1 tsp of turmeric controls asthma.
- furthermore, applying 1 tsp of turmeric with 1 tsp honey to face reduces pimples.
- finally, turmeric acts as preservatives when added to pickle.
- firstly, excess consumption of turmeric causes nausea, diarrhea, increased menstrual flow and low blood pressure.
- use turmeric with caution if you are pregnant.
- also, store turmeric in a air tight container away from sunlight.
- do not freeze turmeric as they will loose its properties.
- additionally, turmeric prevents hair loss, dandruff and also makes hair thick and strong.
- furthermore, turmeric acts as a pesticide for ants and insects.
- also found useful in healing peptic ulcers.
- and turmeric is not toxic even at very high doses for kids.
- turmeric also helps in repairing damage of cells.
- finally, turmeric boosts immunity, improves digestion and reduces chronic cough.