Gobi Manchurian Recipe | Gobi Manchurian Dry Street Style – 5 Secret Tips with detailed photo and video recipe. a popular and tasty Indo-Chinese street food recipe is prepared with cauliflower & Chinese sauces. it is perhaps one of the famous party starters or an appetizer within the vegetarian community. it can be served both with dry and gravy versions and this is a dry version of the cauliflower Manchurian recipe.
Gobi Manchurian Recipe | Gobi Manchurian Dry Street Style – 5 Secret Tips with step-by-step photo and video recipe. Whether it is Indo-Chinese or street food, Manchurian recipes are always the most requested. Basically, the recipe is made with deep-fried vegetable fritters, stir-fried in a flavoured Manchurian sauce. Within the Manchurian spectrum, the dry gobi Manchurian recipe is the most popular and sought-after recipe.
I have always been a huge fan of the gobi manchurian recipe and it is perhaps one of the frequent recipes, I prepare at home. As matter of fact, the Manchurian recipe is an all-time favourite recipe in my entire family. I personally like the dry variation as a starter and the gravy version as a side dish to fried rice or noodles recipes. In this recipe, I have tried to prepare a crisp version of dry gobi manchurian which is generally prepared by street vendors. Especially, those sold and served in fair and barrow. I’m not too fond of the one which is served in the fine dining restaurant which is soft and soggy. The main trick is to add corn flour with plain flour which turns the gobi fritters crisp and helps to hold the shape.
Furthermore, some easy and important tips and suggestions while preparing the dry gobi manchurian recipe. Firstly, clean the gobi florets properly and boil them in hot water for 2 minutes approximately. This not only cleans and kills all the unnecessary microorganisms but also cooks them evenly for the gobi fritters. Secondly, you can prepare the gobi fritters in advance and saute them with the Manchurian sauce when it is required. To maintain the crispiness, you can preserve it in a preheated oven. Lastly, once the Manchurian is prepared, it has to be served immediately as it may turn soggy if kept for a while.
Finally, I would like to add my other Indio Chinese Recipes Collection with this post on the Gobi Manchurian recipe. It includes recipes like chilli paneer, veg crispy, chilli gobi, cabbage manchurian, veg manchurian, bread manchurian, chana chilli, honey chilli potato and paneer jalfrezi recipe. further, do visit my other related recipes collection,
Recipe Card For Gobi Manchurian – Street Style:
Gobi Manchurian Recipe | Gobi Manchurian Dry Street Style 5 Secret Tips
- 4 cup water
- ½ tsp salt
- 20 florets gobi / cauliflower
- 1 cup cold water
- ¾ cup maida / plain flour
- ¼ cup corn flour
- ½ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- ½ tsp ginger garlic paste
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup water
- oil for deep frying
for manchurian sauce:
- 4 tsp oil
- 2 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 inch ginger (finely chopped)
- 1 green chilli (slit)
- ¼ onion (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup spring onion (chopped)
- ½ capsicum (cube)
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tsp chilli sauce
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- ¼ tsp pepper (crushed)
- ¼ tsp salt
for corn flour slurry:
- 1 tsp corn flour
- ¼ cup water
- firstly, in a large kadai heat 4 tsp oil and saute 2 clove garlic,1 inch ginger and 1 green chilli on high flame.
- also, saute ¼ onion and 2 tbsp spring onion on high flame.
- further add ½ capsicum and continue to saute till they slightly change colour.
- additionally add 2 tbsp tomato sauce, 1 tsp chilli sauce, 2 tsp vinegar, 2 tsp soy sauce, ¼ tsp pepper and ¼ tsp salt.
- mix well and saute for a minute.
- add cornflour slurry.
- give a good mix until the gravy slightly thickens and turns translucent.
- additionally, add fried gobi.
- mix gently making sure the sauce has coated well uniformly.
- finally, transfer gobi manchurian to a serving bowl and garnish with chopped spring onions green. serve with fried rice.
How to make Dry Gobi Manchurian with step-by-step photos:
- Firstly, in a large vessel take 4 cups of water and get to a boil adding ½ tsp salt.
- Once the water comes to a boil add 20 florets gobi.
- Boil for 2 minutes to blanch gobi. Do not overcook gobi.
- Drain off the water and pour 1 cup of ice-cold water to stop cooking. Keep aside.
- Now prepare the batter by taking ¾ cup maida and ¼ cup corn flour.
- Also add ½ tsp chilli powder, ½ tsp ginger garlic paste and ¼ tsp salt.
- Prepare a lump-free smooth batter adding ½ cup water.
- Add in blanched gobi and dip completely.
- Further, deep fry in hot oil. You can also shallow fry or bake for a more healthy option.
- Stir in between and fry till they turn golden brown.
- Finally, drain off the gobi over a kitchen towel to remove excess oil. Keep aside.
Dry Gobi Manchurian Recipe:
- Firstly, in a large Kadai heat 4 tsp oil and saute 2 clove garlic, 1-inch ginger and 1 green chilli on high flame.
- Also, saute ¼ onion and 2 tbsp spring onion on high flame.
- Further, add ½ capsicum and continue to saute till they slightly change colour.
- Additionally add 2 tbsp tomato sauce, 1 tsp chilli sauce, 2 tsp vinegar, 2 tsp soy sauce, ¼ tsp pepper and ¼ tsp salt.
- Mix well and saute for a minute.
- Add cornflour slurry. to prepare corn flour water mix 1 tsp of corn flour with ¼ cup of water.
- Give a good mix until the gravy slightly thickens and turns translucent.
- Additionally, add fried gobi.
- Mix gently making sure the sauce has coated well uniformly.
- Finally, transfer Gobi Manchurian to a serving bowl and garnish with chopped spring onions green. Serve with fried rice.
- Firstly, do not overboil gobi as it is deep-fried once coated with batter.
- Also, add red food colour to the batter to prepare bright red colour Gobi Manchurian.
- Additionally, adjust the consistency of the gravy by increasing the cornflour water.
- Finally, the gobi Manchurian recipe tastes great when served hot and crispy.